Wednesday, December 12, 2012

347/366 (2012): Best Recipe Discovery Of The Year

 Cornell Chicken on The Big Green Egg

This recipe was my favorite discovery of the year. Thank you Stevie B. Cornell chicken is to Upstate New York what BBQ is to Carolina. Think: Firehouse and Church fundraisers. I tweaked it from the original recipe I found online because that's what I love to do. Hope it brings joy to your taste buds.

Marinade:
2 cups cider vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 egg
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning or Pike's Peak Rub
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) broiler-fryer chicken, cut in half

In a medium size bowl, mix marinade ingredients together and whisk briefly.
Pour about 2 cups of marinade over chicken in glass baking dish, cover and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate the remaining marinade for basting during cooking tomorrow.

Heat up the Big Green Egg (or barbecue) and cook until internal temperature is 180 degrees F. Baste as desired during cooking.

Any leftover chicken makes for an excellent soup base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love the 365 project. It allows me the opportunity to be creative every day for a year.